The 2021 NCKU International Summer School will feature an "Sustainable Environment, Myth or Reality?" as the topic, and will offer hybrid course( on-campus+virtual) for both undergraduate and graduate students. The United Nations (UN) has established 17 sustainable development goals as the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all. This summer course will include 9 sessions, each session will cover a specific SDG target. Other than the core course, We also provide field trips featured to related local infrastructures/industries, Crash Course in Chinese and City Tour for extra options.
Application Deadline: 2021/06/20
Number of Participants: 30 students for on-campus ; 50 students with virtual participation
Format: Hybrid: On- campus (for students in Taiwan) + Virtual (for overseas students)
All courses are offered in English!
1. Core Course ( 2 credits)
• Subject to the limited resources and the quality of the course, we may have to limit the number of participants.
• Experiential field field rripa which connect SDGs to local issues,industries, environment, conservation and culture. The trips included reservoir visit, mango farming, wetland tour and aquaculture visit.
• Students will become familiar with specific environmental aspects of Taiwan and be able to apply knowledge learned from the class to real world.
4. Exploring Tainan (0.5-credits, Optional)
• The course id offered by the Exploring Tainan office of NCKU. Students participated previously in this course had the opportunity to choose among the diverse routes purposely arranged by the Office. such as Zeelandia and the Retrospective Anping, Chikan Park Area and Historical Traces and so forth. By jioning the summer school, students will get the chance ti join this classic NCKU course to experience the rich history of Tainan in a fun-filled day tour, while walking with unforettable memories.
• Time Table
*Noted: The above courses/schedules are subject to change.
Meet Our Lecturers
Dr. John Harrison Prof. Pi-Cheng Chen Prof. Chih-Hua Chang
Doctor of Engineering Assistant Professor Associate Professor
Department of Environmental Engineering Department of Environmental Engineering Department of Environmental Engineering
Prof. Hsiao-Wen Wang Prof. Yu-Ting Wu Dr. Rodney Matsuoka
Professor Assistant Professor Research Assistant Professor
Department of Hydraulic and Ocean Engineering Department of Engineering Science International Relations Division
Prof. Ling-Chun Hung Prof. Tsair-Fuh Lin
Associate Professor Professor
Department of Political Science Department of Environmental Engineering
|Organizer :||Co-organizer :|